Single Piece Implants
The field of Dental implants has evolved based on patient’s demand for teeth in one day or immediate teeth. Modern implantology can give patients immediate teeth, which was a dream till a decade back. Today patients can walk into a dental implant center and walk out with a set of fixed teeth on tooth implants. Various techniques like teeth in a day and teeth in an hour, etc have brought a great change in patient’s lives. Our technique “Permanent teeth in 3 Days” is today’s most advanced technique which allows immediate permanent teeth in 3 days. All this is possible because of one piece implants, which are designed to give immediate teeth. Almost all patients are eligible for these new generation implants because these latest implants do not require any bone augmentation and they are relatively cheap dental implants.
Single piece implants are the most convenient for the patient because of the following reasons:
- A single trip of 3 days is enough for the replacement of teeth, as they are designed for immediate loading.
- Affordable treatment because of the inexpensive dental implant.
- Lifetime warranty on these implants because of their dependable solid structure with no complications.
- No swelling or bleeding as these are flapless.
One piece implants (figures 1, 3) are more reliable and strong compared to the conventional screw based implants because they are single component solid implants. Conventional implants (figures 2, 4) with screw joining the implant and abutment have many complications. The connecting screw is as thin as 2mm and its breakage is common. Loosening of the screw is common after several years and they have to be periodically tightened. 2 piece implants with angulation or in cantilevers are more prone to screw loosening and breakage (figure 5). Because of the joint in between the implant and the abutment, there is leakage of food debris causing bone loss (figure 4). As such 2 piece implants are never given a lifetime warranty. All companies are eliminating the use of screw and shifting to single piece implants or they are incorporating Morse cone in 2 piece implants.
Here are some of the advantages of using the single piece systems:
- A single piece implant being a single component structure has no joints or a connecting screw. This eliminates all the nagging complications of 2 piece implants. As such these implants do not have any problems that are associated with conventional screw based implants.
- No screw as such no screw loosening or breakage.
- No microleakage between implant components as these are single component and hence.
- No crestal bone loss, which is commonly seen in 2 piece implants.
- Very strong – a 3mm single piece implant is stronger than 4 mm conventional implant.
- These are designed especially for immediate loading. As such a permanent crown or bridge is placed in 3 days.
- The procedures are flapless, quick and simple. There is no need to cut the gum. Patients on aspirin or heparin need not stop the medicines.
- Cheap dental implants which make missing teeth replacement very affordable. The manufacturing cost of one piece implants is much less compared to 2 or 3 piece implants. As such the one piece implants are relatively cheap to more complex 2 or 3 piece implants. Dental implant treatment is more affordable as patients need not come back after 3 months. Their crown is fixed within 3 days as such all the work is completed in 3 days in a single trip. All brands are now shifting to one piece implants.