Treatment for missing teeth has been revolutionized by dental implants. Dental implant is the sole technique to repair lost tooth roots; in contrast, there are several treatment alternatives for replacing a missing tooth’s crown. In order to provide the necessary stimulation to stop bone deterioration, dental implants are surgically inserted into the patient’s jawbone, where they will merge with the patient’s gum and bone structures. The most solid and long-lasting basis for a broad spectrum of dental restorations, such as dental crowns, dental bridges, and dentures, is also provided by this fusion./p>
There is no other treatment option that even comes close to matching the longevity, stability, comfort, and simplicity of dental implant therapy when it is successful. What therefore can a patient do to guarantee that their dental implant procedure is successful? To ensure that his patients have the best possible outcomes from their dental implant surgery, skilled implant surgeon Dr. Motiwala is delighted to provide guidance about osseointegration and dental implants with them.
What is Osseointegration?
When talking about dental implant therapy, the phrase “osseointegration” is frequently used, yet most patients have never heard of it. The medical word for the fusing process that occurs while a patient recovers from dental implant therapy is osseointegration.
The dental implant will effectively merge with the gums and bones when osseointegration takes place. The jaw’s tissues will develop around the implant, giving it more strength and stability. Osseointegration is a procedure required for dental implant therapy to be successful. Dental implants won’t ever be stable enough to hold dental restorations without osseointegration.
Tips for Successful Osseointegration
As long as the patient maintains good dental health, osseointegration should happen naturally on its own. However, some ailments and behaviors might hinder the osseointegration process, therefore it’s crucial to adhere to all post-surgical care guidelines. Patients may guarantee that osseointegration occurs and that dental implant therapy is eventually successful by using the following advice:
- To prevent issues with the placement of the implants, pick a skilled and qualified dental implant surgeon like Dr. Motiwala.
- As recommended, take all prescription antibiotics.
- To further reduce oral bacteria, think about using an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Avoid drinking and smoking for at least two weeks before to dental implant therapy and during the healing phase.
- To prevent decay and infection, keep up your regular brushing and flossing (it should be noted that the direct implant site should be avoided for the first few days after surgery)
- Keep a routine for your biannual cleanings and checkups at the dentist.
- In the weeks and months after the implantation of a dental implant, keep all planned follow-up visits.
- Please inform Dr. Motiwala of any odd side effects if seen as soon as possible.
Learn How You Can Save Over USD $50,000?
Use the following links to learn more about how you can save over $50,000 option for Dr. Motiwala’s packages.
- Full mouth dental implants & Cost of Treatment
- Smile Makeover & Cost of Treatment
- Watch 100’s of Testimonials from our International Patients
Make An Appointment!
If you are interested in learning more about the dental implant procedure and how it may enhance the strength, health, and beauty of your smile, contact us now. Dr. Motiwala is capable of helping patients with oral surgery, including dental implant insertion. If you would like to book a consultation with the Dr. Motiwala Dental Clinic & Implant Center staff in order to feel more at ease about the procedure, call +91 99596 14584. You can use the contact form on our website’s Contact Us page to contact one of our professionals by clicking the banner below.