The sound of someone scratching their tongue is certainly not one that is pleasant to hear. In fact, the very thought of it makes my stomach turn! However, as the helpful dentist here at Dr. Motiwala Dental Clinic & Implant Centre will explain to you, it is a tried-and-true strategy for improving your dental health. And it’s not even remotely uncomfortable!
This article will explain what tongue scraping is and how to conduct it in the correct manner. Our tongues are home to bacteria, bits of food, and debris, all of which contribute to poor breath. The use of mouthwash merely disguises the smell; it does not eliminate the underlying causes.
Getting rid of the bacteria that live in our mouths is an additional line of protection against tooth decay, gum disease, and other issues. As a side benefit, this can also make our breath smell better, and it may even improve our sense of taste.
In order to give this a shot, you are going to need a tool known as a tongue scraper, which may be made out of a variety of materials, including plastic, stainless steel, and others. It has the appearance of a spoon that has been turned upside down, and in fact, you can test it out with a regular spoon from around the house or even your toothbrush.
The Right Way of Tongue Scraping
- Now, while you are in front of the mirror, you will need to open your mouth, put out your tongue, and gently place the rounded edge of the scraper at the rear of your tongue.
- Start in the middle of the tongue if you feel the beginnings of a gag reflex developing.
- Drag the scraper all the way forward from its starting position to its end.
- Clean the scraper, then proceed with the process once more.
- Use some soap and warm water to give the scraper a good cleaning.
- This simple procedure can be carried out as frequently as is required.
This straightforward method doesn’t really have any drawbacks to speak of at all. It is important to place the scraper with care, especially at initially, so as not to set off the gag reaction. Additionally, check that the scraper does not have any edges that are jagged or uneven. Please make an appointment with our dentist as soon as possible if you discover that your tongue has a “hairy” appearance or a hue that is not typical for it.
Another easy step you may take to improve your dental hygiene is as follows: Regular visits to our dentists at Dr. Motiwala Dental Clinic & Implant Centre for exams and cleanings are highly recommended. Please get in touch with us as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.
Are You Looking For Dental Implants
Click on the links below to learn more about the approximately $50,000 savings option for Dr. Motiwala’s packages.
- Full mouth dental implants & Cost of Treatment
- Smile Makeover & Cost of Treatment
- Watch 100’s of Testimonials from our International Patients
Make An Appointment!
Please contact us if you have dental difficulties or are interested to know about dental implants and how they might improve your smile. Dr. Motiwala Dental Clinic & Implant Center may be reached at +91 99596 14584. You can also Contact Us by clicking the banner below.