Periodontitis is a type of oral infection that plagues gums. Slowly and gradually, it inflicts damage on the bone support and damages the soft tissue around it. Long-term periodontitis can also lead to the loss of teeth.
While periodontitis is fairly prevalent, you can make use of high-quality dental treatment in Hyderabad to prevent it. According to experts, poor oral hygiene is a major cause behind this disease. When individuals engage in poor flossing and brushing habits, it can cause the formation of plaque: a sticky bacterial film. With the passage of time, plaque accumulates on the teeth and firmly latches on to it.
What Are the Symptoms?
Healthy gums are characterized by a pale pink color, firmness, and most importantly, they are comforting around your teeth. Symptoms and signs of periodontitis can entail the following.
- Puffy gums
- Swollen gums
- Bleeding gums
- Purplish, dusky red, or bright red gums
- Loose teeth
- Bad breath
- Pain during eating or chewing
How Does It Begin?
Mere plaque might seem harmless. However, it grows into a major issue due to the following factors.
- When you’re eating, sugars and starches can come in contact with oral bacteria and form plaque in the teeth. Flossing and brushing can certainly restrict it, but keep in mind that plaque grows rapidly.
- When a patient is not treated in the beginning, plaque hardens and produces tartar around the gum line. Unlike plaque, tartar is difficult to remove and full of bacteria. Since flossing and brushing are not going to work, you have to look for dental treatment to get rid of it.
- Plaque triggers gingivitis, causing a lot of discomfort in the mouth. Gingivitis is the inflammation and irritation of gingiva (base of teeth) and the gum area. You can get dental treatment to reverse gingivitis.
- If gum inflammation is not treated timely, it can become a catalyst for periodontitis. Soon, a number of pockets can form in teeth and gums. Each of these pockets is filled with bacteria, tartar, and plaque. After some time, it can lead to bone and tissue loss, and in the worst-case scenario, you might also have to lose one or more teeth. Additionally, keep in mind that untreated chronic inflammation damages the immune system.
Seeking dental treatment in Hyderabad among renowned Dental Treatment Centers in India
So, how are you going to treat this infection? To begin with, look for dental treatment in India. Subsequently, settle for a reliable and licensed dentist, such as Dr. Irfan Motiwala, one of the best dentists in India. Dr. Motiwala Dental Clinic & Implant Center is one of the leading dental clinics in Hyderabad.
A dentist first focuses on the control aspect of infection and then attempts to reduce it. Since periodontitis is composed of different stages, the type and number of treatment depend on the severity of the condition. However, the job is still only half done after the treatment. Since plaque develops quickly and causes an array of dental issues, you must improve your oral hygiene and take good care of your teeth.